Aside from being aesthetically unpleasant, mold is very dangerous for the occupants of the environment it grows in, being mandatory to eliminate it and to prevent it from reappearing if you want to stay healthy and protected against any mold related health problems. Therefore, if you want to ensure that your house isn’t a potential victim of mold, you should read the following lines in order to find out everything there is to know about mold and how you can fight it once it appears.
Why it’s important to get rid of mold
If you have allergy sufferers or asthmatics among your household members, it’s mandatory to take action immediately, to eliminate mold and to prevent it from ever appearing again to not expose them to health risks like inflammatory and toxic responses to molt spores. Also, even those who aren’t allergic to mold and who don’t suffer from asthma should be protected from the exposure to mold due to the fact that they could start having symptoms like coughs, sneezing fits, chest tightness, runny nose, difficulty in breathing, throat irritation, sinus congestion, and nasal congestion.
What are the first signs of mold?
The first signs of mold are the typical moldy odor, condensation, and actually seeing mold when it starts spreading, the moment when you notice any of these signs being the ideal time to start fighting the damaging and toxic mold. The first sign that you have a mold problem in a certain room is the moldy smell, and even if it may not pop out at first, look thoroughly around the room because there is definitely a source to the smell. Condensation is more of a warning that you’ll eventually have a mold problem, because mold appears in areas that have high humidity levels, therefore don’t ignore the signs of condensation when you see them either. When it comes to actually detecting mold, it’s more than clear that actions have to be taken right away to eliminate it.
Use the Keystone KSTAD70B dehumidifier
The best way to combat the first signs of mold when they appear and to fend off mold for good is to buy the Keystone KSTAD70B dehumidifier for the price of $400, and place it in the room where you had these mold signs appear. This dehumidifier is able to remove 70 pints of moisture within 24 hours from a 3800 square foot area, it comes with a two-speed fan, it’s extremely quiet while operating, producing only 53.3 decibels, the humidistat that is shown on its display allows you to control the humidity levels in 5 percent increments, you can connect it to drain with an attached hose for continuous operation, and it includes a 24 hour timer that allows you to have better control over when the device runs and for how long it runs.